Kookiejar's Recommended Reading List

Here is everything I've read since 1995 (minus the embarrassing junk). Highlighted in blue are the ones I truly loved. In red are the ones I'm fanatical about. An asterisk signifies the books I've read this year. Updated monthly.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Turner-Vreeland

blue=Read this ~~ red=Read this NOW!


*These Is My Words-Nancy Turner

Presumed Innocent-Scott Turow

Van Gogh's Bad Cafe-Frederick Tuten

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn-Mark Twain

Digging to America-Anne Tyler

The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint-Brady Udall


(Nonfiction) The Call of the Mall-Paco Underhill


In the Beauty of the Lillies-John Updike

Rabbit At Rest
-John Updike


Rabbit is Rich-John Updike


Rabbit Redux-John Updike


Rabbit Run-John Updike


Terrorist-John Updike

Villages-John Updike

The Inland Sea-Steven Varni

*Pocho-José Antonio Villarreal

Be More Chill-Ned Vizzini


Candide-Voltaire

Cat's Cradle-Kurt Vonnegut

Hocus Pocus-Kurt Vonnegut

A Man Without a Country-Kurt Vonnegut


A Patchwork Planet-Kurt Vonnegut

Timequake-Kurt Vonnegut

(Nonfiction) Assassination Vacation-Sarah Vowell

Girl in Hyacinth Blue-Susan Vreeland