Kookiejar's Recommended Reading List

Here is everything I've read since 1995 (minus the embarrassing junk). Highlighted in blue are the ones I truly loved. In red are the ones I'm fanatical about. An asterisk signifies the books I've read this year. Updated monthly.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hawkes-Horan

blue=read this ~~ red=read this now!!


The Traveler-John Twelve Hawkes

(Nonfiction) A Briefer History of Time-Stephen Hawking

The Road to the Island-Tom Hazuka

Do the Windows Open?-Julie Hecht

Into the Forest-Jean Hegland


The Moon is A Harsh Mistress-Robert Heinlein

*Stranger In a Strange Land-Robert Heinlein

Friday-Robert Heinlein

*Steppenwolf-Herman Hesse

Found in the Street-Patricia Highsmith

The Fourteen Sisters of Emilio Montez O'Brien-Oscar Hijuelos


The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love-Oscar Hijuelos


Mr Ives' Christmas-Oscar Hijuelos

The Love Season-Elin Hildebrand

Heart-Shaped Box-Joe Hill

20th Century Ghosts-Joe Hill

The Area of My Expertise-John Hodgman

The Tattooed Map-Barbara Hodgson

Blackbird House-Alice Hoffman

Here on Earth-Alice Hoffman

Local Girls-Alice Hoffman

Practical Magic-Alice Hoffman

Turtle Moon-Alice Hoffman

Grief-Andrew Holleran

This Book Will Save Your Life-AM Homes

*Loving Frank-Nancy Horan