Kookiejar's Recommended Reading List

Here is everything I've read since 1995 (minus the embarrassing junk). Highlighted in blue are the ones I truly loved. In red are the ones I'm fanatical about. An asterisk signifies the books I've read this year. Updated monthly.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Jacobs-O King

blue=read this ~~ red=read this now!!


(Nonfiction) The Know-It-All-AJ Jacobs


*(Nonfiction) The Year of Living Biblically-AJ Jacobs

(Nonficiton) An Unquiet Mind-Kay Redfield Jamison

The Love Wife-Gish Jen

(Nonfiction) Brainiac-Ken Jennings


The Ninth Life of Louis Draz-Liz Jensen

Waiting-Ha Jin

(Nonfiction) The Dead Beat-Marilyn Johnson

Summer Chills-Stephen Jones editor (anthology)

The Pugilist at Rest-Thom Jones

The Tooth Fairy-Graham Joyce

No One Belongs Here More Than You-Miranda July

The Trial-Franz Kafka

Broken For You-Stephanie Kallos

(Nonfiction) Cherry-Mary Karr

(Nonfiction) The Liars' Club-Mary Karr

Stripping-Pagan Kennedy

One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest-Ken Kesey

Peaceable Kingdom-Jack Ketchum

Red-Jack Ketchum

Flowers for Algernon-Daniel Keyes

The Mermaid Chair-Sue Monk Kidd

(Nonfiction) A Girl Named Zippy-Haven Kimmel


Annie John-Jamaica Kincaid

The Ha-Ha-Dave King


We're All In This Together-Owen King